Win A Scholarship
Attending private college is more affordable than you think. How affordable? Every year millions in scholarships are awarded to prospective students.
No joke. Michigan’s top 14 independent colleges and universities know that sticker shock is common. But the vast majority of our students – over 94% – receives financial aid – from scholarships to grants to work study – that dramatically reduce the actual costs of tuition. That puts it on par with public institutions.
We’re upping the ante even more. We’re committed to providing a world-class college experience for every student – a priceless education that is affordable. That’s why in the month of March, Michigan Colleges Alliance will award eight $2,000 “We Are The Independents” scholarships to high school juniors and seniors (on top of the numerous financial aid opportunities you’ll already receive from Michigan’s top 14 independent colleges and universities).
It’s really easy. Simply provide some basic information in the form below and you’re enrolled in a chance for a scholarship.
Up your chances. Tour our campuses. Go on a tour of one of our awesome campuses, take a selfie and post it to Twitter along with the hashtag #wearetheindependents and you’ll receive another entry into the We Are The Independents scholarship drawing. It’s about time your smile and social media smarts started paying dividends. Your parents will be so proud.
Michigan’s independent colleges and universities are affordable to everyday families. And because the vast majority of our students graduate in four years instead of five, they save tens of thousands of dollars in tuition and get a head start on their careers ahead of their peers in public school.
Are you ready to choose your own path? Be bold. Be different. Go independent.
Recent “We Are The Independents” scholarship winners
- Chase P. – Plymouth Christian Academy
- Amanda C. – Homeschool
- Evan C. – Wayland Union School
- Ahmed A. – Fordson High School
- Amanda D. – Stoutland High School
- Trentin H. – Loy Norrix High School
- Lauren H. – Adrian High School
- Rikya J. – Loy Norrix High School
- Wyatt M. – Beal City High School
- Mackenzie Z. – Michigan Lutheran High School
- Kendall K. – Regina High School
- Sarah W. – Wellspring Prep High School
- Maggie Q. – Lake Orion High School
- Markus W.
- Arieyonna Y. – Kalamazoo Central High School
- Logan W. – Byron Center High School
- Shaniqua J. – Southfield Regional Academic Campus
- Emily M. – Chippewa Valley High School
- Stephania P. – Berrien Springs High School
- Brianne C. – Concord High School
- Catherine C. – Grosse Pointe North High School
- Precious D. – Olivet High School
- Tyler L. – Kalamazoo Central High School
- Hannah M. – Loy Norrix High School
- Alexandra L. – Washtenaw Technical Middle College
- Ariauna B. – Kalamazoo Central High School
- Bryana S. – Loy Norrix High School
- Chandler R.
- Clara V. – Kenowa Hills High School
- Connor Z. – Grand River Preparatory High School
- Daisjah J. – University Prep Academy High School
- Deonna H. – Cass Technical High School
- Emilee K. – Yale High School
- Henry K. – Kalamazoo Central High School
- Hunter T. – Three Rivers High School
- Jerkirean P. – University Prep Academy High School
- Kaylee F. – Leslie High School
- Kyra H.
- Sam B. – Lakeland High School
- Tyler A.