Military Friendly Schools in Michigan
As a veteran, you forged your own path, so people could have the freedom to choose theirs.
Now, as you chart your next step, the choices can become confusing. Plenty of benefits are available to help veterans attend colleges, but where should you begin? What separates one college from another? And do they all understand the unique perspectives of veterans?
Fortunately, there’s help. Michigan’s top 15 independent colleges and universities are all rated “Military Friendly Schools” by the Web site GIJobs.com. In fact, two are rated in the Top Five nationwide as “Best Colleges for Veterans” by U.S. News and World Report.
Hillsdale College is ranked No. 1 among smaller colleges, while Albion College was No. 4. Both offer full-ride scholarships and plenty of support to veterans.
So do most of Michigan’s independents, which recognize the importance of your sacrifice and make accommodations from mentoring programs and support services to ease the transition.
The colleges are purposefully small. Smaller class sizes allow passionate faculty to form bonds with students that just aren’t possible at larger universities. Instead of crowds, the colleges emphasize community. Often less expensive than public institutions, the independents boast higher four-year graduation rates and smaller class sizes for a truly unique and affordable experience.
Be bold. Be different. Go independent.
Links to Veterans Programs at Michigan’s top 15 independent colleges and universities:
- Adrian College Veterans Programs
- Albion College Veterans Programs
- Alma College Veterans Programs
- Andrews University Veterans Programs
- Aquinas College Veterans Programs
- Calvin College Veterans Programs
- Hillsdale College Veterans Programs
- Hope College Veterans Programs
- Kalamazoo College Veterans Programs
- Madonna University Veterans Programs
- Marygrove College Veterans Programs
- Olivet College Veterans Programs
- Siena Heights University Veterans Programs
- Spring Arbor University Veterans Programs
- University of Detroit Mercy Veterans Programs